none
ReportViewer: InteractiveSize not working? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using Visual Studio 2005 to create a .Net Winform application.  This application has several rdlc reports, some of which should be viewed and printed in landscape mode.

I've set the PageSize and InteractiveSize of these reports to Height: 8.5in, Width: 11in, but when I view the report in the ReportViewer, the page length is much longer than it should be.  When I choose "Print Layout" (why isn't it called "Print Preview"?!), the length is fine and when I print, it prints properly, but I want the Report View to look just as it will when it prints out.

When I view the report page settings during the reportviewer load (using reportviewer.localreport.getdefaultpagesettings), the height and width are reversed, as if the report were in portrait mode.

I've seen others ask this question, but have seen no resolution.  Can anyone help?  I'm sure my users are going to complain about this!

Thanks,

Diane Y

Friday, July 27, 2007 6:47 PM

All replies

• I figured out my problem.  It suddenly occurred to me that "Print Layout" wasn't actually "Print Preview", but just a different viewing mode!  So, I now just set the viewing mode to "Print Layout" in the form load event:

ReportViewer.SetDisplayMode(DisplayMode.PrintLayout)

ReportViewer.ZoomMode = ZoomMode.Percent

ReportViewer.ZoomPercent = 100

Friday, July 27, 2007 9:52 PM
  • Does anyone have a solution to this for the WebForms report viewer?
    Thursday, August 2, 2007 12:24 AM