none
SharePoint 2013 - Designer - Workflow - Selecting a list item based on two columns

Question

• HI,

I have a problem - hopefully someone can help with a solution.

I have a document library, with a number of columns.

I have a list with a number of columns.  1 column in common is called ChangeID.  The document library also has another column that describes the document type - called "doctype".  There will be many documents sharing the changeid, but each with a different 'doctype'.

When i am in a workflow running from the list, i want to be able to send an email with the encoded absolute url of a document in the document library, based on the common field of changeid and a particular "doctype". 

Sharepoint designer only allows me to pic 1 column to match on - which doesnt help me.

I tried a concatenated key in the doc library to match on - but it says i cant use calculated fields.  

Can someone help me with a solution?

Thanks

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 8:48 AM

All replies

• Hi MrMickeyG- create a variable to store the doctype that you want. Then compare the items against the variable and doctype.

cameron rautmann

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 1:11 PM
  • Hi MrMickeyG,

From your description, you have a list contains a column called ChangeID.

And you have a document library contains columns called ChangeID and "doctype". 

You try to create a workflow on the list and want to send an email with the URL of a document based on the ChangeID and "doctype".  

I am not very understanding of the logical of your workflow.

So please offer the step of your workflow to better help you to achieve your requirement.

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, February 23, 2017 9:11 AM