Help Needed for Application Design RRS feed

• Question

• User626429810 posted

Hi Everyone,

We are planning to develop a web application using .NET technology as (ASP.NET). But we are confused for chossing the architecture for the development. Following are the Basic need which we have

1) Application must be easily extendible as per the need

2) Requires less coding efforts

3) Should support good amount of analytics capability(Reports and Charts)

4) Must have a best UI

We are thinking of going to MVC but i am not sure is it the right way because i have worked on MVC the coding efforts is more in this. So can we go with plain ASP.NET with some RAD controls like telerik or Kendo UI.

Please do let me know your views on the RAD Controls framework, ORM with Minimum Coding efforts.

Also suggest me is there any other framework available in the market which gives all above functionality.

Thanks & Regards

Swapnil

Monday, September 3, 2012 3:20 AM

Answers

• User-861818263 posted

Please read :-

http://blogs.telerik.com/blogs/posts/12-05-31/kendo-ui-for-asp-net-mvc-and-the-telerik-extensions-for-asp-net-mvc.aspx

http://www.kendoui.com/faq/mvc-faq.aspx

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, September 4, 2012 5:04 AM

All replies

• User1283497924 posted

Hi,

I as per my experience in MVC  there is less coding and maximum reusablily.

in case of ASP.Net we have to manage the conteol as well as code but in for proper working. but in case of MVC we have to maage only model in code and view is seprate.

for making fase developemnt in MVC u must have good analysis and good experience MVC.

Tellerik also provide free controls for MVC u can got for that.

for developing in mvc first u must need to design ur architecture as pweryour reqquirement.

if you go for layred approch then it will be good.

Monday, September 3, 2012 3:35 AM
  • User626429810 posted

Hi Vinay,

Thanks for your prompt reply,

It's really true for using  MVC requires good amount of exeprience. Also the code manageability in MVC is simple then the plain ASP.NET. So for development ASP.NET MVC is good as per your suggestions, But we are planing to go with SOA with single page application so what could be the Product stack that we can use for the development. I am thinking of following stack

1) ASP.NET MVC 4

2) Entity Framework (ORM)

3) Telerik RAD Controls for MVC

4) For Web Services (WCF) (not Sure)

Please can you suggest the better product stack and tools for SOA Single page web application with latest technology

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Swapnil

Monday, September 3, 2012 3:47 AM
  • User1283497924 posted

Hi,

As u said ur going to use singhle page application it means u are not going to creste different page for adding, updating and displaying the record. all can be perform in single page. If it's like that then please check the links this may help u

http://www.jtable.org/

in this all the oprations have been performed inasingle page, and it uses MVC and jquery

Monday, September 3, 2012 4:05 AM
  • User-861818263 posted

The main advantages of ASP.net MVC are:

1. Enables the full control over the rendered HTML.

2. Provides clean separation of concerns(SoC).

3. Enables Test Driven Development (TDD).

4. Easy integration with JavaScript frameworks.

5. Following the design of stateless nature of the web.

6. RESTful urls that enables SEO.

7. No ViewState and PostBack events

The main advantage of ASP.net Web Form are:

1. It provides RAD development

2. Easy development model for developers those coming from winform development

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 3:56 AM
  • User626429810 posted

Hi Samir,

Thanks for giving the details on the advantages provided by the ASP.NET MVC over ASP.NET Web Form

We are planing to go with ASP.NET MVC4, Entity Framework as ORM

Because the new version of MVC provides ASP.NET Web API for implementing SOA it also provides the ability to develop single page application.

We are just confused about the UI Development so can you give me some advice on that

Following are some of the Framework which we evaluated

1) Telerik for MVC

2) Kendo UI

3) JQuery

So is there any thing other than this which will helps to develop some best UI with Charting capability. Please post some links if you have any idea of different frameworks.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Swapnil

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 4:42 AM
  • User-861818263 posted

Please read :-

http://blogs.telerik.com/blogs/posts/12-05-31/kendo-ui-for-asp-net-mvc-and-the-telerik-extensions-for-asp-net-mvc.aspx

http://www.kendoui.com/faq/mvc-faq.aspx

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, September 4, 2012 5:04 AM