none
Itemization of costs on a per-container basis?

Question

• Does the accounting for Azure Storage show the costs for storage/network on a per-container basis? I'm completely new to Azure so I have no idea. Whether or not the invoicing can show this detail won't affect my decision to use Azure. I've already decided it's better than Glacier. Thanks.
    Friday, June 5, 2015 4:30 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Billing for Azure Storage is calculated on the amount of data stored and transactions performed based on storage accounts but not on containers .

Regards,

Shirisha Paderu

Thursday, June 11, 2015 2:39 PM

All replies

• Hi

Azure has four types of storage—Block blobs, Page Blobs and Disks, Tables and Queues, and Files (preview).

Your total cost depends on how much you store, the volume of storage transactions and outbound data transfers and which data redundancy option you choose.

Customers are charged for Azure Storage based on four factors: the storage capacity used, the replication option selected, the number of requests made against the service, and data egress.

Storage capacity refers to how much of your storage account allotment you are using to store data. The cost of simply storing your data is determined by how much data you are storing, and how it is replicated. Every read and write operation against Azure Storage also makes a request against the service. Data egress refers to data transferred out of a Microsoft Azure region. When the data in your storage account is accessed by an application that is not running in the same region, whether that application is a cloud service or some other type of application, then you are charged for data egress. (For Microsoft Azure services, you can take steps to group your data and services in the same data centers to reduce or eliminate process and data egress charges.)

Please Refer the link :

http://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/pricing/details/storage/

http://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/pricing/calculator/?scenario=data-management

Regards.

Friday, June 5, 2015 5:49 AM
  • Thanks for your reply. It doesn't answer my question, however. I am aware of the multi-faceted pricing. I was wondering if we'd see the itemised costs for each Blob container (capacity + replication + requests + egress)?
    Monday, June 8, 2015 11:17 PM
  • Hi,

Billing for Azure Storage is calculated on the amount of data stored and transactions performed based on storage accounts but not on containers .

Regards,

Shirisha Paderu

Thursday, June 11, 2015 2:39 PM