Changing the orientation RRS feed

• Question

• User-614943948 posted

I have a report designed in Crystal Reports 9.0. I just changed the orientation from landscape to Portrait. Now while exporting the output of the report it PDF format, the contents that was fitting in 3 pages is very well fitted in 2 pages, but it is still showing the 3rd page, which is blank.

How can I eliminate this 3rd page? The out of the report is converted into PDF is at run-time in my ASP.NET application. When i directly export it from Crystal Report application, it works fine.

Friday, February 21, 2014 12:41 AM

All replies

• User-510141866 posted

Suppress the blank section such as Report Footer, page footer. in details section minimize the empty spaces in last detail.

Thursday, February 27, 2014 6:53 AM
  • User-578610739 posted

Hi,

The reason I think is page size, please just check in preview the same thing.

Are you using any cross-tab report ,then it definately expand and goto 2nd or 3rd  page in this case.

Good to use suppress option or try to give closer to each of section of crosstab or single fields.

For this you can give a pipe seperator between fields too.

Each time of any change , just preview instanly . so you can judge, which one is good , after or before the changes.

Monday, March 3, 2014 12:32 AM
  • User-614943948 posted

What is a cross tab report? In Preview it works fine. Its while exporting it in PDF, it happens.

The most funny part is. In first page footer it shows Page 1 of 2. In second page footer it shows, Page 2 of 2 and ni 3rd page which is blank, on footer it shows Page 3 of 2. What could be the issue?

Thursday, April 17, 2014 6:58 AM
  • User-578610739 posted

Hi ,

This issue becuase of your printer setting /report options in crystal report. While export it automatically take margin which you define in this area.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 3:25 AM