none
Copying email messages between mailboxes. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,
    I have a problem with copying email messages from one mailbox to another. I used Exchange Impersonation to get full access for both mailboxes. Then I tried to use EmailMessage.Copy(folderId) method, where folderId is identifier of folder from target mailbox, but it doesn't work (I suppose this method can only work for folders inside email's source mailbox). Does EWS provide any way to accomplish this task? My last solution is to create empty EmailMessage object in target mailbox, download and copy all properties from source EmailMessage object, and save created object. But this approach has a big performance overhead, so I need to download all message's properties (with attachments).

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 8:41 PM

Answers

• Hi alex.by:

Thank you for contacting us and your interest in Exchange Development.  This forum is for the technical discussion around the content of the Exchange Server Protocols documentation.  Your question does not appear to be related to protocol documentation.

You would be better serived on the Microsoft TechNet Forums that is focused on Exchange Server development found here. The Exchange development forum is for topics such as web services, APIs, application conversion and general application development against Exchange Server.

Regards, Obaid Farooqi
    Tuesday, December 22, 2009 9:59 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Hi alex.by:

Thank you for contacting us and your interest in Exchange Development.  This forum is for the technical discussion around the content of the Exchange Server Protocols documentation.  Your question does not appear to be related to protocol documentation.

You would be better serived on the Microsoft TechNet Forums that is focused on Exchange Server development found here. The Exchange development forum is for topics such as web services, APIs, application conversion and general application development against Exchange Server.

Regards, Obaid Farooqi
    Tuesday, December 22, 2009 9:59 PM
    Owner
  • Thank you, Obaid. I moved my question to Microsoft TechNet Forums.
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009 7:53 AM