none
Customizing view to hide empty rows

Question

• Hey! I am currently working on implementing a view, that uses a table with columnpermissions provided by the third party app provided by boost solutions: http://www.boostsolutions.com/de/columnpermission-tutorial.html

the problem is, that users who do not have access to certain columns still see empty rows wich only contain a title, but no other values. Is there any possibility to hide those rows, since creating individual views for all possibilities would be verry complex, since there are a lots of possible permissions.

Alex

Thursday, April 13, 2017 8:01 AM

All replies

• Hi Alex- so, are you saying you want to hide just some of the rows, and just the ones that are empty, and just for certain users? If that's correct, I can't think of any possible way to accomplish it. You can use javascript to hide stuff, but I can't think of a way to get just what you want in all circumstances.

If you just want to hide the column(s) from certain users, that would be doable. You could set up a receiver to get the current user and remove the column.

cameron rautmann

Thursday, April 13, 2017 6:01 PM
  • hey! yes exactly thats what I am trying to do . I am currently trying to get to this by using an external sql table and query it against the user permissions
    Thursday, April 20, 2017 9:48 AM
  • Hi Alex,

Is there something update?

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if it helps.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Saturday, April 22, 2017 2:15 AM