Change the email address of the sender On Microsoft 365 / Exchange online RRS feed

• Question

• How can we change the email address of the sender On Microsoft 365 / Exchange online from joe@domain.com or tom@domain.com to sales@domain.com

Any emails send by Joe or Tom needs to be altered to come from sales@domain.com
    Sales@domain.com is a distribution list and both users are members of it with send as permissions
    The users don't want to keep using the "From" Field and set Sales as the sender.

Is this possible with outlook rules or other mail flow rules in Exchange online?

Regards Gprajan

• Edited by gprajan Tuesday, October 13, 2020 9:25 AM
    Monday, October 12, 2020 11:41 PM

Answers

• Hi gprajan,

When you using Exchange on-premises, you could use Edge server to rewriting sender email address, but I don't see this function on Exchange online. So, you may still need to use the send as permission to send emails.

Please note: Exchange Development forum isn't supported by Microsoft. Exchange Forum has been migrated to a new home on Microsoft Q&A. If you have more questions about Exchange, in order to better solve your question, I suggest you post question in that forum.

• Marked as answer by gprajan Tuesday, October 13, 2020 9:25 AM
    Tuesday, October 13, 2020 7:06 AM

All replies

• Hi gprajan,

When you using Exchange on-premises, you could use Edge server to rewriting sender email address, but I don't see this function on Exchange online. So, you may still need to use the send as permission to send emails.

Please note: Exchange Development forum isn't supported by Microsoft. Exchange Forum has been migrated to a new home on Microsoft Q&A. If you have more questions about Exchange, in order to better solve your question, I suggest you post question in that forum.

• Marked as answer by gprajan Tuesday, October 13, 2020 9:25 AM
    Tuesday, October 13, 2020 7:06 AM
  • Thanks Kyle for your response and sorry for posting on the wrong forum

Regards Gprajan

Tuesday, October 13, 2020 9:25 AM
  • Google for "ChooseFrom for Exchange Online/Office 365"
    Friday, December 11, 2020 12:25 PM