Problem in Setting up Mirroring RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Friends, I am having small problem setting up the database mirroring. We do not have our server under any domains so I used certificate authentication to setup mirroring for other 2 databases. Now we have a new database on the same instance and trying to configure mirroring. It gives me following error. Msg 1416, Level 16, State 31, Line 1 Database "xxxx_xxxx_xxxx" is not configured for database mirroring. I used the following Tsql command ALTER DATABASE xxxx_xxxx_xxxx SET PARTNER = 'TCP://XYZPLDB02:5022'; Note: XYZPLDB02 is the server which has the mirror DB Thanks, Gopu
    Gopal
    Tuesday, December 6, 2011 11:11 PM

Answers

• Check out this article which outlines the steps to implement database mirroring using certificates

http://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/1705/implementing-database-mirroring-in-sql-server-2005-across-domains/

Edwin Sarmiento SQL Server MVP
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn
    • Proposed as answer by Peja Tao Thursday, December 8, 2011 6:28 AM
    • Marked as answer by Peja Tao Tuesday, December 13, 2011 7:48 AM
    Thursday, December 8, 2011 1:40 AM
  • Please stop log backups for a while !!! Setup database mirroring and then you can continue with your log backups ..

The scenario over here is you took a full backup and log backup and started setting up mirroring in the mean time if your scheduled log backup runs in between then it is a mis-match of LSN and you cannot setup mirroring ..

-----------------------

Thanks,Suhas Vallala

Thursday, December 8, 2011 6:47 AM

All replies

• Have you tried using the SSMS UI for the setup? This error message looks as if you run the commands in the wrong sequence (you have to run it both on Principal and Mirror.) Using the Mirroring wizard is in my experience the easiest way to setup a mirror session, especially when the endpoints are already in place.
    Wednesday, December 7, 2011 7:35 AM
  • Hi Gopal,

is the database set to full recovery ? make sure that there is no log backup scheduled during settingup database mirroring ...

--------------------
    Thanks,Suhas Vallala
    Wednesday, December 7, 2011 7:45 AM
  • Humm I tried UI before..But i do know how to use it with certificate authentication.. and I ll try to run the commands in sequence again... Can u refer me to a article or some palce for info on using already setup endpoints.?

Thanks,

Gopu

Gopal
    Wednesday, December 7, 2011 5:45 PM
  • Yes Database is in full recovery mode... And there are log backups running all the while.. So will that make a difference?

Thanks,

Gopu

Gopal
    Wednesday, December 7, 2011 5:46 PM
  • Check out this article which outlines the steps to implement database mirroring using certificates

http://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/1705/implementing-database-mirroring-in-sql-server-2005-across-domains/

Edwin Sarmiento SQL Server MVP
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn
    • Proposed as answer by Peja Tao Thursday, December 8, 2011 6:28 AM
    Thursday, December 8, 2011 1:40 AM
  • Please stop log backups for a while !!! Setup database mirroring and then you can continue with your log backups ..

The scenario over here is you took a full backup and log backup and started setting up mirroring in the mean time if your scheduled log backup runs in between then it is a mis-match of LSN and you cannot setup mirroring ..

-----------------------

Thanks,Suhas Vallala

Thursday, December 8, 2011 6:47 AM
  • Hi Friends, I am having small problem setting up the database mirroring. We do not have our server under any domains so I used certificate authentication to setup mirroring for other 2 databases. Now we have a new database on the same instance and trying to configure mirroring. It gives me following error. Msg 1416, Level 16, State 31, Line 1 Database "xxxx_xxxx_xxxx" is not configured for database mirroring. I used the following Tsql command ALTER DATABASE xxxx_xxxx_xxxx SET PARTNER = 'TCP://XYZPLDB02:5022'; Note: XYZPLDB02 is the server which has the mirror DB Thanks, Gopu
    Gopal

I have the same problem when i try execute 

ALTER DATABASE "BASE DE DATOS"

SET PARTNER = 'TCP://SQLPRINCIPAL:2104';

on the primary server and i notice if i ejecute the add partner on the secundary the database is open on recovery and letme conect with out problems from my primary server i hope this use full

Monday, April 13, 2020 11:08 PM