none
After installation of the printer driver some PaperSizes are missed RRS feed

• Question

• I have an issue on some computers:

after installation of the driver (that I developed) some paper sizes which are defined in .GPD  file are missed (at least I cannot see then when I call DeviceCapabilities() function requesting DC_PAPERS and DC_PAPERNAMES).

As I said it is not reproducible everywhere, only on some of the computers.

Guys,  do you have any ideas how can it be possible?

Thanks in advance!

Thursday, May 22, 2014 1:49 PM

All replies

• Those should be the printer reporting its capabilities.  Are you saying the same printer, when plugged into two different systems, reports different data?  If that's the case, what's the other differences between the two systems?
    Thursday, May 22, 2014 7:21 PM
  • Those should be the printer reporting its capabilities.  Are you saying the same printer, when plugged into two different systems, reports different data?  If that's the case, what's the other differences between the two systems?
    Yes, the same printer, when plugged into two different systems, reports different data.

The differences between the system are not obvious. I believe it is some configuration of drivers and other parts of environment.... so this is what my question about. What can cause such a problem?
    Thursday, May 22, 2014 9:46 PM
  • can you try it on a clean fresh install of windows, this will allow you to better check the driver

of course I tried. On clean fresh install of windows it works fine, but real users work in real environments. so I should understand the root reason of the issue.
    Thursday, May 22, 2014 9:47 PM

Yes, the same printer, when plugged into two different systems, reports different data.

The differences between the system are not obvious. I believe it is some configuration of drivers and other parts of environment.... so this is what my question about. What can cause such a problem?

Going through the obvious differences:

- Your driver is the same version on both systems?

- Both systems are same OS version and SKU?

- You're plugged into same type of connection (USB 2.0 / 3.0, etc...)

Friday, May 23, 2014 7:44 PM

Going through the obvious differences:

- Your driver is the same version on both systems?

- Both systems are same OS version and SKU?

- You're plugged into same type of connection (USB 2.0 / 3.0, etc...)

'Yes' for all questions.
    Monday, May 26, 2014 5:46 AM