set custom start date field and end date field to the selected date in calendar in sharepoint 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am using custom date field as start date and end date in sharepoint 2010 calendar list, but like default start time and end time field in sharepoint calendar which automatically populates during new item creation,

i could not found a way to populate my  custom date fields as the start date selected in calendar view.

Would request everyone to please have a look at it..............

Do i have to again go back to step 1 and use the default start time (datetime) field  OR

Is there any workaroumd?????????

Thanks in advance............

• Edited by subhash_ss Friday, December 14, 2012 12:54 PM
    Friday, December 14, 2012 12:53 PM

Answers

• Hi subhash,

I’m not sure how the default Start Time set the default value. For your custom date field, I have a workaround here, you can have a try.

1. When you select a date in the calendar view, the div will use the Class: ms-acal-dayn ms-acal-vitem, you can use this different value to find the selected date value, then Custom Add Item button in the calendar view and the New Event button in the ribbon, pass the selected value to the NewForm page.
    2. Custom the NewForm page, set the default value of the field to the passed date value.

Thanks,

Qiao Wei
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Qiao Wei Sunday, December 23, 2012 12:23 PM
    Thursday, December 20, 2012 6:07 AM