Nested Gridview RRS feed

• Question

• User-1691481411 posted

Hello, 

I am working on nested gridview. I am using updater command on the expand button, when I click on the expand button of the outmost gridview, it works fine(The nested gridview expands correctly ), but when I click on the Expand button of inner gridview (Expanded Gridview), it collaps the gridview and comes to the stage that I get on page load. 

I need multi-level nested gridview..what are the right wayts to get that ?

Thanks

Naveen 

Monday, December 10, 2012 2:05 AM

Answers

• User-330204900 posted

It is based on the ListView using custom ITemplate generators :)

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, December 12, 2012 6:03 AM

All replies

• User3866881 posted

Hello,

Your Outer GridView will have to bind with a DataSource that has a collection of sth there, which will be used as another element collection bound to the inner GridView.

For more you can refer:

1) http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/27042/Nest-Gridviews-using-LinqDataSource

2)http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/14861/Multilevel-Nested-Master-Detail-Data-Display-Using

Monday, December 10, 2012 8:36 PM
  • User-326746839 posted

Mr. Dong,

I'd like to ask why do you insist in giving non-Dynamic Data solutions in a Dynamci Data forum.

Of course that your solution might be absolutelly correct ... for any other environment but Dynamci Data

I say this because it makes no sense for me, as a Dynamic Data developer, to find any other non-coherent solution with what this forum is about.

Sorry for having me saying this tou you

Carlos N. Porras
    (EL Salvador) 

Monday, December 10, 2012 10:20 PM
  • User3866881 posted

Nothing special, thanks for remindering;)

Because Dyanmic Data hasn't released such a function yet, as far as I see.

So until now I have to offer an alternative solution to client as a reply

Monday, December 10, 2012 11:29 PM
  • User-326746839 posted

Mr. Dong,

This IS NOT the place, I think, to give other solutions than Dynamic data ones, ... no?

If there is no Dynamic Data solution then it must be said so and .... kaput .... end of it

It doesn't worthwhile trying to use non-dynamic data stuff in a dynamic data ptoject ... it makes no sense at all.

I'll say it in another words: if you were to customize a 50% of your dynamic data project then you rather choose anything else but dynamic data to buidl your project

I know Microsoft haven't give much tought to dynamic data (huge mistake) and that's why guys like you (taht probably won't ever use it) like giving this kind of answer

BUT you shouldn't here ... in this forum, ... at least

Carlos N. Porras
    (El Salvador) 

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 1:09 AM
  • User-326746839 posted

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 1:09 AM
  • User-330204900 posted

Hi Decker, I am working on such a nested grid for DD at the moment should be done after the Christmas holidays :)

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 8:24 AM
  • User3866881 posted

Hi Decker, I am working on such a nested grid for DD at the moment should be done after the Christmas holidays :)

Oops……Really many thanks!

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 5:31 AM
  • User-330204900 posted

It is based on the ListView using custom ITemplate generators :)

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, December 12, 2012 6:03 AM