none
Visual Studio 2015 Office Developer Tools Offline Installer NO INTERNET ACCESS RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

I work for a department of defense contractor.  We have need to install Visual Studio Office Developer Tools on a machine that cannot be connected to the internet.  Please advise how I can obtain an offline installer.  The Web Platform Installer will NOT work for us.  Please advise, as this is a time sensitive issue.

Jeremy May Sr Software Engineer "The Cake, She's a LIE!"

Friday, August 31, 2018 3:49 PM

All replies

• Hi Jaysuvius,

This forum(General Office Development) is for development issues related to Office Development.

However, according to my research, you can try the solution in the following link:

Downloading Office Developer Tools for Offline Install

Best Regards,

Yuki

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Monday, September 3, 2018 10:23 AM
  • Ty Yuki,

The problem is, WebPI doesn't work with our proxy.  Can you advise configuring for the proxy?

Jeremy May Sr Software Engineer "The Cake, She's a LIE!"

Tuesday, September 4, 2018 4:23 PM
  • Hi Jaysuvius,

>> We have to install Visual Studio Office Developer Tools on a windows machine that cannot be connected by the internet.

Base on my research, there are two types of environments where you can’t get Web Platform Installer to work:

1. Proxy based environments (e.g. requiring proxy authentication).
    2. Closed down environments (internal dev servers which don’t have access to internet).

If you're in the second situation, please review the following link: 

Web Platform Installer and proxy issues: a solution for offline packages install

>> The problem is, WebPI doesn't work with our proxy.

It seems that your case that belongs to the first situation. So please check if the solution in the following link works for you:

Making WebPI work with proxy authentica​tion

Hopefully it helps you. Please feel free to ask any questions. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Yuki

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Wednesday, September 5, 2018 5:33 AM
  • Hi Jaysuvius,

Thanks for your asking. Please remember to mark the replies(Include your solution) as answers if they helped and please help us close the thread.

Thank you for understanding. If you have any question, or update, please feel free to let us know.
    I wish you a happy life!

Best Regards,

Yuki

Monday, September 10, 2018 2:24 AM