none
Custom adapter problems RRS feed

• Question

• Don't know if this is the correct place to post, but here goes Smile

I have a custom adapter that is built on the SDK base adapter sample (AsyncTransmitter). The implementation works fine when I submit messages one by one. However when dealing with multiple messages simultaneously, I get a lot of problems randomly, mainly "Messaging engine has no record of delivering the message to the adapter. This could happen if DeleteMessage() is called multiple times for the same message by the adapter or if it is called for a message which was never delivered to the adapter by the messaging engine". I'm not calling deletemessage in my implementation, it's only in the sample. This is what I get when I set the batch size to 0. With batch size > 0, I get errors calling BatchComplete event.

These errors happen completely randomly and I've been unable to trace them. At times I can pass dozens of messages simultaneously without problems, I've ran hundreds in a row without any errors i. Sometimes I can't run even two simultaneous messages without getting errors.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 9:07 AM

All replies

• This sounds like a threading issue. Are you using thread synchronization techniques in your adapter?

Thanks,
    If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Monday, April 6, 2009 2:58 PM
  • I had this same issue where I was calling a HTTP site in a request/response situation, how i got around it was to mark the port as ordered delivery and it started working.

Let us know if this solves your problem.
    Eric Stott [http://blog.biztalk-info.com] - Mark as Answer if this reply does.
    • Proposed as answer by Eric Stott Tuesday, April 7, 2009 5:14 PM
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 5:12 PM