Is it possible to bring my android app project to visual studio and they will be able to convert the project to support windows platform ? RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to do that ? I been working on app and all the development happened android sdk but  I want to share the app to windows phone store. I do not want to redesign the app at visual studio but convert it over so that it can be installed on windows platform. If that is possible can you provide me the step ?

Saturday, April 18, 2015 1:21 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I'm not sure if we can directly convert the Android project to Windows Phone/Store app project, but we can share the code between deferent platforms, as the documentation says here:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn771552.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396#ShareHTML

If the code is specific to Android platform, it's not possible to convert it to windows platform I think.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Caillen Monday, April 27, 2015 10:14 AM
    Monday, April 20, 2015 7:29 AM