Gesture problem with ListView

Question

• I've got a custom control with left-right-slide gesture. 

If there's a ListView in my control and the contents of ListView is longer than its height, or in another word there is an Y scroll bar in ListView, the left-right-slide gesture cannot work any more.

I thought there may be confusions with guesture of ListView. But if there's no scroll bar, the gesture can work correctly.

Is there any way to handle this? Thank you.

Thursday, February 27, 2014 9:34 AM

Answers

• You're right, my mistake. Try the -ms-scroll-rails CSS property for the same effect:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh466018.aspx

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Thursday, March 6, 2014 2:47 PM

All replies

• You might try setting the ListView's ScrollViewer IsVerticalRailEnabled property to true to see what happens.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Thursday, February 27, 2014 8:04 PM
  • Thank you for your reply. But my app is built with HTML5&WinJS which seems to be no IsVerticalRailEnabled property.
    Friday, February 28, 2014 1:27 AM
  • You're right, my mistake. Try the -ms-scroll-rails CSS property for the same effect:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh466018.aspx

Thursday, March 6, 2014 2:47 PM