none
Azure SQL Reporting - Export to Excel with Chart raises an exception RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am using Azure Websites.  I have a ReportViewer control, that is pointing to our Azure SQL Reporting service.  Reports are rendering correctly in the ReportViewer.

All of our reports that contain a Chart are raising an exception when attempting to export to Excel.  Exporting to PDF or Word works correctly and the Chart is visible in the PDF/Word file.  This is an Excel issue only.

There isn't much to go off of from the exception message, but here it is:

Type: Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportServerException
    An error occurred during rendering of the report. Tracing ID is: 98d7a922-d18c-4a26-8cbd-d1c8f8319077. Machine name is SQL0ACF663E. (rrRenderingError)
    Call Stack:
    at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.SoapReportExecutionService.ServerUrlRequest(AbortState abortState, String url, Stream outputStream, String& mimeType, String& fileNameExtension) at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.SoapReportExecutionService.Render(AbortState abortState, String reportPath, String executionId, String historyId, String format, XmlNodeList deviceInfo, NameValueCollection urlAccessParameters, Stream reportStream, String& mimeType, String& fileNameExtension) at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerReport.InternalRender(Boolean isAbortable, String format, String deviceInfo, NameValueCollection urlAccessParameters, Stream reportStream, String& mimeType, String& fileNameExtension) at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerReport.Render(String format, String deviceInfo, NameValueCollection urlAccessParameters, String& mimeType, String& fileNameExtension) at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerModeSession.RenderReport(String format, Boolean allowInternalRenderers, String deviceInfo, NameValueCollection additionalParams, Boolean cacheSecondaryStreamsForHtml, String& mimeType, String& fileExtension) at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ExportOperation.PerformOperation(NameValueCollection urlQuery, HttpResponse response) at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Has anyone else seen this exception?

Thanks,
    Garry

Friday, March 15, 2013 3:34 AM

All replies

• Has anyone seen this exception or have any advice?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Garry

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 11:56 PM
  • Hi Garry, I have the same problem, but my problem is when I try to export to pdf, do you have any solution??

Now, I down have charts, the report only have some tables, but  need to do some chart to complete the report.

Regards!

Julio Avellaneda
    Core Group Comunidad BDotNet
    MVP | MCTS | MCC | MCS
    Blog !!

Monday, April 15, 2013 6:57 PM