Data Integration and Dashboards RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello -

I had an opportunity to work on a proof of concept project to get data for a transaction based system supported MS SQL Azure DB and build a dashboard with visualizations for my business stakeholders. From an online .Net system, our data got loaded in our Azure SQL DB. We then built an add on components for business users to download this transaction data. Business users categorized their data. The added component of the solution also enabled business users to upload their data, which also got stored on our Azure SQL. With all this data, we integrated with BI and it was a seamless integration. We then built BI dashboard for our users and published it on PowerBI.

For this PoC - below are some snapshots of the dashboard. Business team was pleased with our published product and specially the dashboard component. 

Please let me know if you have used similar components for your projects. 

thanks.

Thursday, August 13, 2020 2:05 PM

All replies

• How did you go about getting the data from the .net application to Azure SQL? ADF, or perhaps something else?
    Thursday, August 13, 2020 2:58 PM
  • Hello, Thank you for your message
    The .Net application was supported/connect to our Azure SQL DB. So, getting the transaction data from the UI was not very difficult. The solution also included one more integration with another Internal Reporting system (to join our transaction data with Organizations Employee Data) and for that we utilized Azure data factory to transform and load data per our reporting requirements. This entire jumbo data was captured by BI for reporting. 

Thursday, August 13, 2020 4:39 PM