none
How do Task Runner Explorer Bindings work?

Question

• I created an After Build binding to a Task in Task Runner Explorer.  I'm curious to know how Visual Studio knows to runs the Task when I press F6.  Where does the binding "live"?  Does this in-a-way completely supplant using project Build Events ?
    Tuesday, February 14, 2017 6:13 PM

Answers

• Hi chris.thompson.go,

Visual Studio recognize the task by the task list tokens: HACK, TODO, UNDONE. Task Runner Explorer execute Grunt/Gulp task or target inside Visual Studio. About the question that how Visual Studio knows to runs the Task is dictated by the extension Task Runner Explorer. If you want to know more deep information about the binding in task in Task Runner Explorer, I suggest you can use the Discussion tab under Task Runner Explorer use Twitter (@mkristensen) to provide the feedback.

I have submited your question on that page, you can add your comments and check the feedback of this question. Thanks for your post.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 16, 2017 10:29 AM