none
Re-deployed Outlook 2010 addin not detected. RRS feed

  • General discussion

  • Hello,

     

      I'm building an Outlook 2010 plugin, and I'm encountering an issue getting Outlook to detect an Addin for which previous versions have been uninstalled.

     

    Here's the deployment procedure which is not working for me is as follows:

    -To uninstall, I find the Addin in the "Add/Remove Program" list and select "remove".

    -When I open Outlook a second time, the Addin is still in the Addin list as inactive.  I remove it from the COM Add-Ins list.

    -I publish the application a second time.

    -I execute setup.exe, which completes successfully.

    -When I reload outlook, the Addin is not detected.

     

    I'm not sure what to do here.  I've attempted to re-load the add-in through the addin-manager (ie: "Add...").  However, when I target the binary it does not load successfully.

    I've also tried using a setup project, rather than publishing.  But that has had the same results.  As far as I can tell, "removing" an Add-in plugin is a one way trip.

    I'm pretty lost here.

    Thank you for your time.

    -John

    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 7:11 PM