Share like Hill Climb Racing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

In Hill Climb Racing, once you finish your race there's a button to "Share". There, a list of sharing methods appear: twitter, facebook... even WhatsApp.

As no password is required for twitter, I suppose this is a WP feature and not something done by HCR developers.

How can I summon this sharing menu? I've looking at several sharing objects and none is as versatile as this.

Thanks!

Kak

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 10:54 PM

Answers

• It's possible to Hill Climb is talking directly or via a 3rd party API to WhatsApp, but I'm not familiar with the app and cannot help reverse engineer it. This isn't uncommon with cross platform games which can't rely on OS supported sharing to exist.

Also look at the other Share* tasks linked from the share status page. You'll get different options if you share a link or media.

The available targets may be different for runtime or Silverlight apps.

• Marked as answer by KakCAT Wednesday, June 18, 2014 4:02 PM
    Wednesday, June 18, 2014 2:31 PM

All replies

• Are you writing a Silverlight app or a Windows Phone Runtime app?

For runtime see Sharing and exchanging data
    For Silverlight see How to use the share status task for Windows Phone 8

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 11:15 PM
  • Hello,

I'm using Silverlight. The example you linked does not allow me to post to Whatsapp or "tap and send" like Hill Climb Racing does.

EDIT: is it possible that Hill Climb Racing uses a custom share menu, listing all possible share methods, and then uses a URI association for each of the implemented sharing methods?
    • Edited by KakCAT Wednesday, June 18, 2014 10:42 AM
    Wednesday, June 18, 2014 10:04 AM
  • It's possible to Hill Climb is talking directly or via a 3rd party API to WhatsApp, but I'm not familiar with the app and cannot help reverse engineer it. This isn't uncommon with cross platform games which can't rely on OS supported sharing to exist.

Also look at the other Share* tasks linked from the share status page. You'll get different options if you share a link or media.

The available targets may be different for runtime or Silverlight apps.

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 2:31 PM
  • Hi,

I thought it was custom code but it's just ShareMediaTask.

Thanks!

• Unmarked as answer by KakCAT Wednesday, June 18, 2014 4:02 PM
    Wednesday, June 18, 2014 3:44 PM