none
APP IN INTERNET Task Pane Warning RRS feed

• Question

• I have developed task pane apps for Word and Excel and autohosted the apps on a SharePoint server in O365.

The task pane apps show up in the MY ORGANIZATION catalog as expected. When I work with a local Word or Excel document stored on my computer, the task pane apps load without warning or problems. However, when I work with a remote Word or Excel document in the O365 environment (SharePoint list or Documents folder) the task pane app doesn't load and displays a warning:

"APP IN INTERNET DOCUMENT. This app comes from a catalog on <.....>.sharepoint.com and it will have access to the contents of this document. Click Start to launch."

Once I click Start, the app launches fine. Is there any way to turn this warning off? My SharePoint online location is in the list of trusted sites. I tried various other IE settings, but nothing seemed to work.

Thanks.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 3:40 PM

Answers

• Hi C. Schuler,

When you state that you entered the SharePoint Online (SPO) location into the list of trusted sites, do you mean that you entered the SPO location in the Trusted App Catalogs? If not, I would try to add the Catalog address.

Just to be clear, you are getting the "APP IN INTERNET DOCUMENT" warning when opening your Excel or Word file in the client application when the file is stored on SharePoint, correct?

Regards,

Dennis

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 2:51 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I'm trying to involve some senior engineers into this issue and it will take some time. Your patience will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for any inconvenience and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, May 13, 2013 7:32 AM
  • Hi C. Schuler,

When you state that you entered the SharePoint Online (SPO) location into the list of trusted sites, do you mean that you entered the SPO location in the Trusted App Catalogs? If not, I would try to add the Catalog address.

Just to be clear, you are getting the "APP IN INTERNET DOCUMENT" warning when opening your Excel or Word file in the client application when the file is stored on SharePoint, correct?

Regards,

Dennis

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 2:51 PM
  • Hi Dennis,

correct, the SPO location is in the list of Trusted App Catalogs. I believe this will also add the site to the list of trusted sites in IE.

The warning only appears when I open the document from the SPO location, e.g. the Team site. When I open a local copy I don't get the warning when the app loads.

thanks,

Christoph

Friday, May 24, 2013 4:29 PM
  • Hi Dennis,

correct, the SPO location is in the list of Trusted App Catalogs. I believe this will also add the site to the list of trusted sites in IE.

The warning only appears when I open the document from the SPO location, e.g. the Team site. When I open a local copy I don't get the warning when the app loads.

thanks,

Christoph

I'm having the same issue when opening a document from SharePoint Online containing an app. This "safety dance" is driving me crazy! How can I make sure the app runs without the user having to click the Start button? This is _not_ very user friendly :-( The app comes from a Trusted App Catalog that is on the same SharePoint Online web application...

"Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest"

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 1:03 PM