Data loading but update panel Not updating Due To ScriptManager Error : Asp RRS feed

• Question

• User1869995472 posted

**Introduction**

Hi All,

I am updating dropdownlist "SiteName" from another dropdownlist selection "SiteType" asynchronously. Aspx code is shown below.

<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" enablepartialrendering="True"/>
    Search for a Placemark.<br /><br />

<b>Select a Site Type : </b><br />
    <asp:DropDownList id="SiteType" runat="server" AutoPostBack="true" 
    OnSelectedIndexChanged="SiteType_SelectedIndexChanged">
    </asp:DropDownList><br />

<b>Select a Site Name : </b><br />

<asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" runat="server" UpdateMode="Conditional" ChildrenAsTriggers="true">
    <ContentTemplate>
    <asp:DropDownList id="SiteName" runat="server" AutoPostBack="false" 
    OnSelectedIndexChanged="SiteName_SelectedIndexChanged">
    </asp:DropDownList>
    </ContentTemplate>
    <Triggers>
    <asp:AsyncPostbackTrigger ControlID="SiteType" EventName="SelectedIndexChanged" />
    </Triggers>
    </asp:UpdatePanel>I get this error when selecting options from dropdownlist.

> The message received from server could not be parsed.

The important points to note,

1- Data is successfully getting, i can see it in response in dev tool inspect.

2- When i change trigger to PostbackTrigger from AsyncPostbackTrigger, it start working but not partial updating as required.

If someone have any idea please let me know. Thanks for your time.

Saturday, November 10, 2018 5:31 AM

All replies

• User839733648 posted

Hi sma339,

According to your description and code, I'm sorry that I could not reproduce your problem.

I'm not clear that what kind of your code's wrong is because the error message provided is incomplete.

I get this error when selecting options from dropdownlist.

Which dropdownlist you've selected and get the error?

The datas in the two dropdownlists are all from code behind.

In my opinion, maybe parts of the code behind has affected the running result.

If possible, please provide more detailed information like detailed codes(especially the event SiteType_SelectedIndexChanged and SiteName_SelectedIndexChanged).

This will be easier for us to help with you.

Best Regards,

Jenifer

Monday, November 12, 2018 6:52 AM