none
Routing failure when using sequential convoy RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All, 

The issue that I am having is that I have implemented sequential convoy and have set the properties BTS.Receiveportname and a promoted property called account number in my correlation types. when I process the message it is not getting any subscriptions. but when I see the subscriptions in the BizTalk console I can see that the orchestration subscription is there along with the receiveportname and the account number and both are set as exists

Please help.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 2:27 PM

Answers

• So, ok. Now you need to check the properties Promoted on the Message match the Activate Subscription of your Orchestration....

• Marked as answer by abhinav bansal Thursday, April 20, 2017 10:28 AM
    Wednesday, April 19, 2017 5:50 PM

All replies

• Bit of advice, Filtering or Correlation on ReceivePortName is not a good idea since it create a dependency between the App and Administrative config which is easy to break.

But what exactly do you mean by 'not getting any subscriptions'?

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 2:33 PM
  • Agreed with you.. So, I will change the correlation type to point to just the account number. right?

Not getting any subscriptions is that the message is not going to the orchestration and is erroring out as routing failure and subscription not found.
    Attached is the screenshot of the orchestration that I am using.
    The filter that I have on the receive port is:
    bts.messagetype == mymessage

enriched (a promoted property) == false

and I can see 2 subscriptions see on the admin console for this orchestration:
    1. bts.messagetype == mymessage and enriched == false and receiveportname Exists and Accountnumber Exists
    2.  bts.messagetype == mymessage and receiveportname Exists and Accountnumber Exists

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 2:40 PM
  • That means the Message's Context doesn't match the Orchestrations Subscription somehow.

What you can do is route the Message as well to some temp Send Port with Tracking enabled.

Then you can see the Message's Context to verify what is or is not Promoted.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 3:35 PM
  • Hi Abhinav,

just cross verify that message types is same what you are getting in biztalk admin console. 

after removing the receive port name from filter condition and after deployment , have you restarted the the host instances ?

if all above the steps you already done , then just create send port and put filter for the message type and see whether send port is able to subscribe the message or not ?

Regards

Abhay Giri

Mark this reply as answered or vote if this help you.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 4:22 PM
  • Hello John,

I created a send port with the filter as

bts.messagetype == mymessage

enriched (a promoted property) == false

and this send port is able to subscribe to the messages but the orchestration is not.

So, it seems that the extra fields in the subscription of seq convoy orchestration as Accountnumber Exists is causing an issue. Can you please let me know that in case of seq convoy is this how the subscriptions appear ?

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 4:40 PM
  • No, the Send Port is only so you can look at the Context to see what I promoted and what is not.

You don't need the Enriched Filter there, just ReceivePortName is fine.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 5:03 PM
  • did that so basically my account type (Promoted property) which is being set in the correlation type is getting promoted.
    Wednesday, April 19, 2017 5:30 PM
  • So, ok. Now you need to check the properties Promoted on the Message match the Activate Subscription of your Orchestration....

• Marked as answer by abhinav bansal Thursday, April 20, 2017 10:28 AM
    Wednesday, April 19, 2017 5:50 PM
  • Hi Abhinav

Is the Accountnumber field a promoted property in the message you are receiving? It should be as per your subscription filter. And can you confirm that your input message contails a value for this field?

Thanks Arindam

Thursday, April 20, 2017 12:57 AM
  • Hey John you are a genius, the issue was that the account number property wasn't getting promoted so I created a custom pipeline to promote the same and now it is working fine.

Thursday, April 20, 2017 10:31 AM
  • Abhinav and others,  I'm having the same issue. 

Do you know why your property did not get promoted? 

When I double click the suspended (resumable) service instance, and check the message's context, I don't see the property I promoted there. If the promotion were successful, should I see it among Promoted Properties in the Message context screen? 

I can however, see the promoted property in a Send port's Filters dialog. 

• Edited by Food Fan Thursday, October 19, 2017 2:25 AM
    Thursday, October 19, 2017 2:11 AM