How can I use vstest.console.exe with many .dll files? RRS feed

• Question

• In Visual Studio 2017 Ent, I use "vstest.console.exe" for Unit Test.

When there are many targets for Unit Test, I use "vstest.console.exe" like below.

ex) vstest.console.exe Fleck.Tests.dll xxx1.dll xxx2.dll xxx3.dll ......

Question1 - Is that the only way to use "vstest.console.exe" with many .dll files?

Question2 - Is there a way to use "vstest.console.exe" with ".sln" file

• Edited by papacamping Thursday, February 14, 2019 6:36 AM
    Thursday, February 14, 2019 5:00 AM

All replies

• Hi ,friends

Welcome to MSDN forum.

>>Is that the only way to use "vstest.console.exe" with many .dll files?

As far as i know, that seems to be the only way which introduced by document to run many .dll files.

>>Is there a way to use "vstest.console.exe" with ".sln" file

I'm afraid so far that's valid way to run all unit tests in a solution. 

Do hope you can understand and sorry for this inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Lance

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 15, 2019 9:08 AM
  • Hi papacamping,

Long time no hear you since last weekend.

As lance said, currently, you have only one choose to that add several .dll files with using vstest.console.exe in this release version of VS to run a test. Sorry for you inconvenience.

In my view, if you are interested with this requirement and MS would be pleased if you could report this idea to our UserVoice forum: VS -> click “provide a suggestion” in upper right of IDE -> choose “report a problem” tab or directly enter this link: https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/spaces/8/index.html to share your idea with some screenshot and detail info.

After that, please be patient waiting for the response from the VS Product Team Engineers. If it gets more votes, the product team experts would think about adding it as a new feature in the future product.

BTW, I hope you could post that link here, so other community members who are interested in this issue will help you vote it, so do I. If there have any updates from there, I will also update the information in here. Thank you for your understanding and sorry for this inconveniences.

Br

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Edited by May Luo-MSFT Wednesday, February 20, 2019 1:40 PM
    • Proposed as answer by May Luo-MSFT Wednesday, February 20, 2019 1:41 PM
    Wednesday, February 20, 2019 1:40 PM