none
MSDN Flash Newsletter RRS feed

• Question

• I do not know if this is the right place to ask this question; it was the best place I could find, though. Here's the question: the MSDN Flash newsletter, is it JUST email? Why do they need to know my Postal/ZIP Code?? I want to subscribe and have completed all the info in the registration process needed except for the Postal Code. Please help if you can.

Well, Thanks in advance!

- Nevin Janzen

"The bugs in your backyard may bite you, but the bugs in your applications will kill you."
    "You keep killing bugs but they always come back from the dead to take revenge."
    "The only good bug is a dead one."
    "The only good bug in nature is one in a cage, and the only good bug in the computer world is one that is found, tortured, and repeatedly killed."
    "If there is one thing I can't stand, it's lousy programmers. like me."
    "The worst thing about for loops is that you keep doing the same things over and over again."
    "If only there was a for loop for generating for loops."
    "A programmer's day goes like this: write code, generate bugs, write code, generate bugs, write code, generate bugs, write code, generate bugs.... Hmmm, I believe this is called a 'for loop'. "
    "The worst thing in the world is too many quotes; because then you have t
    Saturday, January 7, 2012 1:35 AM

Answers

• Good question Nevin, and I'll try to get an answer for you.  

Looking at my copy of the flash, I think that we use the Zip code to help build out the "What's Happening Near You" section of the Flash:

Of course, I don't live in Seattle anymore, I live on the other side of the country, so its not like you have to put in an accurate Zip Code if you don't want to.

Update: confirmed it with one of the folks that works on the flash.  This is to help you find technical events that are happening locally for you, in case you want to attend.  I hope this answers your question!

Thanks,
    Mike 

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Read the Subscriptions Blog!
    Monday, January 9, 2012 8:57 PM

All replies

• Good question Nevin, and I'll try to get an answer for you.  

Looking at my copy of the flash, I think that we use the Zip code to help build out the "What's Happening Near You" section of the Flash:

Of course, I don't live in Seattle anymore, I live on the other side of the country, so its not like you have to put in an accurate Zip Code if you don't want to.

Update: confirmed it with one of the folks that works on the flash.  This is to help you find technical events that are happening locally for you, in case you want to attend.  I hope this answers your question!

Thanks,
    Mike 

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Read the Subscriptions Blog!
    Monday, January 9, 2012 8:57 PM
  • Thanks!!

- Nevin Janzen

"The bugs in your backyard may bite you, but the bugs in your applications will kill you."
    "You keep killing bugs but they always come back from the dead to take revenge."
    "The only good bug is a dead one."
    "The only good bug in nature is one in a cage, and the only good bug in the computer world is one that is found, tortured, and repeatedly killed."
    "If there is one thing I can't stand, it's lousy programmers. like me."
    "The worst thing about for loops is that you keep doing the same things over and over again."
    "If only there was a for loop for generating for loops."
    "A programmer's day goes like this: write code, generate bugs, write code, generate bugs, write code, generate bugs, write code, generate bugs.... Hmmm, I believe this is called a 'for loop'. "
    "The worst thing in the world is too many quotes."
    Monday, January 9, 2012 9:01 PM