How to read/write to a mdb file stored in a different IP using IIS6? RRS feed

• Question

• User421854095 posted

Hello, I have an ASP.NET app with C# that is using a Microsoft Access mdb file that is stored in a different server(different IP) and the app itself is running under Microsoft Windows Server 2003 IIS6, on Windows Server I added ASPNET and IIS_WPG users to being able to read/write the app, but those users are not on the database server, so I can't access to the database, what should I do? someone told that I need to create a USER that will be the same on Windows Server and the database server, but I don't know where to start, or how's the process, please help me out, thank you!

Monday, July 23, 2012 1:42 PM

All replies

• User3866881 posted

Hello, I have an ASP.NET app with C# that is using a Microsoft Access mdb file that is stored in a different server(different IP) and the app itself is running under Microsoft Windows Server 2003 IIS6, on Windows Server I added ASPNET and IIS_WPG users to being able to read/write the app, but those users are not on the database server, so I can't access to the database, what should I do? someone told that I need to create a USER that will be the same on Windows Server and the database server, but I don't know where to start, or how's the process, please help me out, thank you!

Hi,

Please check whether you've assigned the right remote PC's IP address, and whether your network works properly……any exceptions?

Reguards!

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 9:52 PM