how to enable classic star menu in windows 8 developer preview with out microsft cofiendial i dont know what is that

Question

• how to enable classic star menu in windows 8 developer preview with out Microsoft confidential i don't know what is Microsoft confidential this only happen when i change to normall start and this thing apper is scary me do i need to worry about this thing ? or back to normall ui start

this happen after reboot

thx cogrants :)

*this is from google

• Edited by luki19979 Sunday, January 08, 2012 6:35 PM
    Sunday, January 08, 2012 6:24 PM

Answers

• Hello luki19979,

In the Windows Developer Preview, there is not a classic start menu as there was in previous operating systems. It is not known if this will change in the Beta version but currently there is only the Metro Start page and not the classic start menu.

You are seeing the Microsoft Confidential screen because you have changed the registry to show the Classic Start Menu. This is not a supported function in Windows Developer Preview.

Thanks,

Marilyn
    • Marked as answer by luki19979 Sunday, January 08, 2012 7:00 PM
    Sunday, January 08, 2012 6:49 PM
  • Hello Luki19979,

You can change the registry as you wish but you are in a non supported scenario if it causes other issues within the operating system.
    That is why a warning came up after you made the change.

Thanks,

Marilyn
    • Marked as answer by luki19979 Sunday, January 08, 2012 8:00 PM
    Sunday, January 08, 2012 7:50 PM

All replies

• Hello luki19979,

In the Windows Developer Preview, there is not a classic start menu as there was in previous operating systems. It is not known if this will change in the Beta version but currently there is only the Metro Start page and not the classic start menu.

You are seeing the Microsoft Confidential screen because you have changed the registry to show the Classic Start Menu. This is not a supported function in Windows Developer Preview.

Thanks,

Marilyn
    • Marked as answer by luki19979 Sunday, January 08, 2012 7:00 PM
    Sunday, January 08, 2012 6:49 PM
  • so i im allowed to can change registry 1 to 0?  or not i will stop that now and using win7 for that

• Edited by luki19979 Sunday, January 08, 2012 7:24 PM
    Sunday, January 08, 2012 7:23 PM
  • Hello Luki19979,

You can change the registry as you wish but you are in a non supported scenario if it causes other issues within the operating system.
    That is why a warning came up after you made the change.

Thanks,

Marilyn
    • Marked as answer by luki19979 Sunday, January 08, 2012 8:00 PM
    Sunday, January 08, 2012 7:50 PM
  • if you want the real "classic" startmenu (Win95 style), install ClassicShell:

http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Monday, January 09, 2012 9:46 PM