InfoPath multiple list display RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to create an InfoPath form that is based on two lists.  The first list contains a category and a description.  The second list has the category, sign type, sign size and price in it.  I cannot figure out how to hook the two lists up properly to get the sign details to filter by the categories. 

I can get the category list to display and the detail list to display underneath each category but the entire list is displayed for each category.  I'm guessing that there has to be a way to do a filter based on the category but I do not know how to achive this.

Is there a way to achieve this without code?  If so, how?

Thanks - Jon

What I would like to eventually have on the form is something like:

LOGO SIGN
    Blah, blah blah information about the sign type.
    Automotive   36"x18"   $12.50
    Data             18"x24"   $15.00

DIVISIONAL POSTERS
    Blah, blah blah information about the poster type.
    Sales            12"x24"   $9.50
    Marketing     12"x24"   $9.50

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 8:27 PM

Answers

• I don't think InfoPath can display data with this kind of "join" without customizing the XSLT, which is never good. I think you want to use a different display technology, like the data view web part. It can perform this kind of joining and display the info like you have it above

Please mark my response as an answer if appropriate.
    Learn.SharePoint.com

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 9:57 PM

All replies

• I don't think InfoPath can display data with this kind of "join" without customizing the XSLT, which is never good. I think you want to use a different display technology, like the data view web part. It can perform this kind of joining and display the info like you have it above

Please mark my response as an answer if appropriate.
    Learn.SharePoint.com

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 9:57 PM
  • Thank you.  I've decided to get a consulting firm involved with this now. 

-Jon

Friday, September 13, 2013 7:38 PM
  • i have one value i want to pull into and existing form based on a list and perform a calulation on it then write back to the list.

i have and annual leave count which will change every time a user takes a holiday. then write the new value back to the listwhen the fom is submited which writes the holiday details to the holiday request list.

any ideas

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 2:53 PM