problems with sending from gmail on my web app - The client requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated RRS feed

• Question

• User379720387 posted

I currently have two web apps where I use gmail  to send confirmation emails to users that register on the site.

No  problems with those.

Working on my 3rd web app and again I use another gmail account for the same purpose.

Now all of a sudden gmail has become finicky.

When I send test registration emails from my local machine they go through fine.

When I send the same registration email on my live site hosted on Azure, I get the error message as described in the title, followed by

"The server response was 5.5.1 Authentication required

I am using the same settings as I use in the other apps, just a different gmail account.

In gmail settings I have:

Allow less secure apps: ON

Some non-Google apps and devices use less secure sign-in technology, which could leave your account vulnerable. You can turn off access for these apps (which we recommend) or choose to use them despite the risks.

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 5:18 PM

Answers

• User-821857111 posted

5.5.1 Authentication required

You probably need to authenticate your app with Gmail. Check the Gmail account for an email notifying you of potential suspicious activity and follow the instructions in it if you have received one.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, July 23, 2015 2:01 AM