none
SecurityBindingVerifyIncomingMessageFailure RRS feed

• Question

• I have set up a communication between two servers on different domain forests using WCF with MSMQ binding.

When using self signed certificates I can get it to work between two test servers.

But when I configure my production servers using certificates from an external certification authority it won't work.

I have verified that messages sent by the client ends up in the receiving queue on the server side. But when WCF processes the message it just disappears. I also managed to enable tracing of WCF and identifies the error to be SecurityBindingVerifyIncomingMessageFailure.

All suggestions I have found so far says that there probably is a mismatch at setting up the binding. But I am using the same code on both client and server to set up the binding, so that is probably not the problem.

Any suggestions about what may be the problem would be appreciated.

//Lars

Thursday, November 30, 2017 3:11 PM

All replies

• The binding is set as:

NetMsmqBinding binding = new NetMsmqBinding();
    binding.Durable = true;
    binding.ExactlyOnce = true;
    binding.TimeToLive = new TimeSpan(24, 0, 0, 0, 0);
    binding.Security.Mode = NetMsmqSecurityMode.Message;
    binding.Security.Message.ClientCredentialType = MessageCredentialType.Certificate;

Thursday, November 30, 2017 6:52 PM
  • Hi Lars,

Per to your configuration, it seems you are using Message with Certificate security.

>> When using self signed certificates I can get it to work between two test servers.

>> when I configure my production servers using certificates from an external certification authority it won't work

Based on these, I suggest you tests below:

1. Using external certificate in test servers, will you get this error?

2. Using self signed certificates in production servers, will you get this error?

I suggest you enable Tracing to check depth error message.

Best Regards,

Tao Zhou

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 1, 2017 2:18 AM