Need help to calculate number of years in Razor code. RRS feed

• Question

• User-1590744680 posted

Hi , 

I need to calculate number of years between current date and specified field in database in Razor. We use razor code to build email content. 

I'm looking for something like:  

@Convert.ToInt32((DateTime.Now - (Convert.ToDateTime(Model.Listings[0].LatestSubscriptionEndDate))).Years) Years 

but this is not working.. 

Monday, October 29, 2018 3:49 PM

All replies

• User-1590744680 posted

I was able to figure out years part . I need to calculate it only for values which exist only for month of november. 

@Convert.ToInt32(((DateTime.Now - (Convert.ToDateTime(Model.FirstLiveDate))).TotalDays)/365)

Monday, October 29, 2018 4:53 PM
  • User-271186128 posted

Hi cVishal259,

I was able to figure out years part . I need to calculate it only for values which exist only for month of november. 

@Convert.ToInt32(((DateTime.Now - (Convert.ToDateTime(Model.FirstLiveDate))).TotalDays)/365)

It seems that you have already solved the problem. You could also refer to the following code to calculate the time span:

@Convert.ToInt32((DateTime.Now.Year - (Convert.ToDateTime(Model.LatestSubscriptionEndDate).Year))) Years

or

@{
                var timespan = DateTime.Now - (Convert.ToDateTime(Model.LatestSubscriptionEndDate));
                var tempdate = DateTime.MinValue + timespan;
                var year = tempdate.Year - 1;
                var month = tempdate.Month - 1;
                var day = tempdate.Day - 1;
            }
            @year  Years @month Months @day Days ago

Best regards,
    Dillion

Tuesday, October 30, 2018 3:20 AM