none
Unique calander RRS feed

• Question

• My company uses a unique calendar for projects. There are Periods (P) in the year and weeks in each period.

Example P8W4, or P12W2.

How can I set up MS Project to use such a calendar?

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 8:10 PM

Answers

• Barrytoons,

If you are looking to display your custom periods and weeks in the timescale, I'm afraid you will not be able to do that. The only timescale options available are those shown in the Timescale Tier formatting.

If you do not necessarily need to show your custom timescale labeling, please give us more details on what you want to do and we will try to help you find a way to do it, or at least something close to what you need.

Just for reference, you can display your custom timescale by exporting your data to Excel and formatting it exactly as you want. I've done that myself when an accounting month calendar is needed.

John

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 8:37 PM

All replies

• Barrytoons,

If you are looking to display your custom periods and weeks in the timescale, I'm afraid you will not be able to do that. The only timescale options available are those shown in the Timescale Tier formatting.

If you do not necessarily need to show your custom timescale labeling, please give us more details on what you want to do and we will try to help you find a way to do it, or at least something close to what you need.

Just for reference, you can display your custom timescale by exporting your data to Excel and formatting it exactly as you want. I've done that myself when an accounting month calendar is needed.

John

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 8:37 PM
  • Thanks John, That was my plan for now, export into Excel. I just want folks to get used to MS Project more and this wont help.

Thanks again.

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 8:55 PM
  • Barrytoons,

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback.

John

Thursday, February 19, 2015 1:40 AM