none
.NET framework 3.5 wont stay enabled RRS feed

• Question

• when i go and try to install .NET Framework 3.5 it installs and tells me to restart and then it tells me again to install it after i just did and when i try to turn it on manually in the 'turn on windows features' it tells me to restart after ive checked it and clicked save and when i restart i check on it and its turned back off and wont stay enabled
    Wednesday, June 6, 2018 2:56 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can have a look at here:

https://superuser.com/questions/946988/cant-install-net-3-5-on-windows-10

DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /Source:d:\sources\sxs /All /LimitAccess

(replace D: with your mounted Win10 ISO)

In some environment, DISM fails to fetch the file (Proxy, network policies). The DISM command takes the files from the DVD and you're fine.

If you are MSDN subscriber you can also download the Windows 10 Features on Demand ISO, mount the ISO, copy the Microsoft-Windows-NetFx3-OnDemand-Package.cab to C:\Features (or a different folder) and those commands:

DISM.EXE /Online /Add-Capability /CapabilityName:NetFx3~~~~ /Source:C:\Features

If this fails, run this:

DISM.EXE /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\Features\Microsoft-Windows-NetFx3-OnDemand-Package.cab

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 6, 2018 9:48 AM