Multistep form in asp.net application with Save and Save&continue option RRS feed

• Question

• User1804579801 posted

Dear All,

My requirement is a mutistep form were user fills some details should have save and save &continue option.User can logout application and come again should see the form were he left.I want a solution without using .net controls.I don't want to use Multi view wizard

I have checked some examples but does this work with my asp.net application with 3 tier architecture.

URL:https://www.cc28tech.com/angular-multi-step-wizard-ui-router-part-1/:

It is angular example does this work with asp.net Iam new bee in angular.

Please suggest

Thanks In advance

Monday, November 26, 2018 10:40 AM

All replies

• User475983607 posted

Can you explain the exact problem you are having and include the code?  Can you explain what "does not work" means?   What kind of application are you building; Web Forms, MVC, API?  

Monday, November 26, 2018 12:17 PM
  • User1804579801 posted

Iam working in web forms using vs 2013 with 3 tier archeiture i.e DataLogic,BusinessLogic and Business Object.

Monday, November 26, 2018 12:33 PM
  • User475983607 posted

nagapavanich

Iam working in web forms using vs 2013 with 3 tier archeiture i.e DataLogic,BusinessLogic and Business Object.

Every person on this forum is working in a 3-tier architecture with business logic. 

Can you explain clearly why you are unable to populate an input form and save records?  Are you receiving errors?  If so, what are the errors?

Have you built database tables to hold the data?  Have you added code to the business layer to support your new requirements?

Please explain clearly the problem you are trying to solve and include the code that you have tried. 

Monday, November 26, 2018 12:43 PM
  • User1804579801 posted

I think you have not understood my requirement.

My code is working perfectly with 3 tier my concern is i want a Multi step form for which i searched google got many examples

found one of angular js.Below url

now weather this angular js example works with asp.net webformus

Monday, November 26, 2018 12:55 PM
  • User475983607 posted

I think you have not understood my requirement.

It seems that you are asking the community to design and code this requirement.  

now weather this angular js example works with asp.net webformus

Angular is a client side framework for building dynamic HTML.  Since you are asking this question it is unlikely that an angular solution will work in your project.

Unfortunately, you have not posted a single line of code or answered any technical questions.  These forum work well when you need help with code.  It seems that you have not even come up with a design?  

Monday, November 26, 2018 1:09 PM
  • User1804579801 posted

Thanks for the replay I just want to confirm weather angular js work with asp.net webforms as iam new bee in angular .Did not want forums to develop my requriement. Iam sorry If my post given that meaning

Monday, November 26, 2018 1:17 PM
  • User475983607 posted

Thanks for the replay I just want to confirm weather angular js work with asp.net webforms as iam new bee in angular .Did not want forums to develop my requriement. Iam sorry If my post given that meaning

Again, Angular is a client side framework (runs in the browser) for building dynamic HTML.  Web Forms also build dynamic HTML but ASP.NET runs on a server.

It is highly unlikely that Angular is a good solution.   Angular is found commonly in Single Page Applications. 

The Angular developer docs are openly published if you are interested in learning Angular.

https://angular.io/

Monday, November 26, 2018 2:47 PM
  • User-271186128 posted

Hi nagapavanich,

I have checked some examples but does this work with my asp.net application with 3 tier architecture.

It is angular example does this work with asp.net Iam new bee in angular.

Yes, you could use AngularJS with your asp.net application, just remember to add the related reference.

here are some another articles about creating AngularJS Multi-Step Form, you could refer to them:

AngularJS Multi-Step Form Using UI Router

AngularJS 1.5.x Multi-Step Form

Best regards,
    Dillion

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 2:39 AM