none
how to use kinect to do gesture recognitio​n in labview? RRS feed

• Question

• i want to use kinect recognize the gesture to control some device(like lamp). using labview to program, is there any library i can use to make it easy to achieve?

• Moved by Carmine Si - MSFTMicrosoft employee Wednesday, December 12, 2012 12:17 AM moving to general as this is not audio related (From:Audio API and Programming—Kinect for Windows SDK)
    Friday, December 7, 2012 8:59 AM

Answers

• I think forum moderators should have moved you to the audio Kinect forum by now. But you can get the audio part from Kinect recognized as a normal microphone and put it through any speech application including TTS (text to speech) ones. You might be able to combine with face tracker for improved accuracy (its a theory but is more likely to produce very good accuracy).

Note: later if someone comes up with code for my theory you can still mark multiple answers. Also, if this is helpful you can mark it helpful.

it takes me a awhile but I can look through your code and will have access to educational versions of software available at my college I go to (I work at a K-12 as an IT and working on some Kinect implementations and so your project interests me).

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda. Blog - http://www.computerprofessions.co.nr

• Edited by The Thinker Friday, December 21, 2012 2:36 PM
    • Marked as answer by 100148X Thursday, January 3, 2013 4:03 AM
    Friday, December 21, 2012 2:23 PM

All replies

• Is this automation software? If you have some documentation I can help after I finish my Kinect multipoint project.  Any more information on labview?

if you wish to talk more about your source but not openly I have an email: jefferycarlson@gmail.com

I will need documentation for the labview program though. I seem to remember a home automation system made with Kinect from scratch somewhere.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda. Blog - http://www.computerprofessions.co.nr

Thursday, December 13, 2012 5:08 PM
  • thanks. but i have aready found a way to do simple gesture control. the problem i facing now is to recognise some voice (like cry, screaming) using labview n kinect. do you have any tips on this part?
    Tuesday, December 18, 2012 1:23 AM
  • I think forum moderators should have moved you to the audio Kinect forum by now. But you can get the audio part from Kinect recognized as a normal microphone and put it through any speech application including TTS (text to speech) ones. You might be able to combine with face tracker for improved accuracy (its a theory but is more likely to produce very good accuracy).

Note: later if someone comes up with code for my theory you can still mark multiple answers. Also, if this is helpful you can mark it helpful.

it takes me a awhile but I can look through your code and will have access to educational versions of software available at my college I go to (I work at a K-12 as an IT and working on some Kinect implementations and so your project interests me).

• Edited by The Thinker Friday, December 21, 2012 2:36 PM
    • Marked as answer by 100148X Thursday, January 3, 2013 4:03 AM
    Friday, December 21, 2012 2:23 PM

thanks for your answer. the audio part I only did little things:

i use the harmonic distortion analyzer VI to acquire fundamental frequency and to tell whether the baby crying. but I want it can identify the baby cry more accurately. and in another project of mine, i want to do face recognition, not only face tracking. And I have had some examples on facetracking.

Thursday, January 3, 2013 4:24 AM
  • Yes, it looks like putting through another application is helping some but when combined with face tracking you can tell whether the baby is crying or not by his facial expressions too.

Thursday, January 3, 2013 7:56 PM
  • kinect SDK v1.6 gives only facetrackingWPF in C#/C++. but currently, i want to do face recogniton using kinect in labview. so, how to use the C# WPF in my labview program. and how to do face recogniton after that?

Yanfang

Friday, January 4, 2013 5:23 AM