none
Word 2016 stops responding when closing a VSTO template RRS feed

• Question

• Background:  Our VSTO Word template was working fine in Windows 7 and Word 2010.  Our template has an action pane to manipulate it.  I created a hostelement to host a wpf control.

The template load and I am able to interact with the word document without any problems.   I am able to create a new table. I then exit word and word runs my custom save logic. 

Issue:  As word is "shutting down", I get a Word dialog, stating that " Word is not responding".  It happens every 2nd or 3rd save.

I created this template since Word 2007 and was able to migrate to Word 2010 without any problems. 

Has anyone else seen this,  any hint would help.  I have been working on this  for a few weeks.

Thanks

Hugo

Hugo

Wednesday, September 20, 2017 7:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Hugo5150,

What is your custom save logic and how do you run the logic? What do you mean happening every 2nd or 3rd save?

If you save a new file and then close and reopen it, and then update and save again, would you get the issue?

Could you share us the code how do you design your save logic? I also suggest you share the project directly so we could try to reproduce your issue.

You could share file via One Drive and put link here. Thanks for understanding.

Besides, have you tried to migrate your project to Word 2016 to check if the issue would still occur?

Best Regards,

Terry

Thursday, September 21, 2017 6:16 AM