Send data from silverlight application to a particular user in mvc application RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi guys!

I have an mvc application where you have to be registered to log in. So you have your profile page and etc...  As a part of the application I have a chat for all users (silverlight page). You enter the chat from your profile page. You have a list of online users there (who logged in on the site and not necessary entered the chat page) but exchange messages you can just with users who did enter the chat page. Otherwise they won't see them. Here is my problem.

So, I want to realize next functionality: if user who didn't enter the chat page was chosen by another to start conversation in chat (silverlight), he should get a pop up message on HIS profile page (mvc) with invitation to the chat. I understand how to send data from silverlight to mvc through WebClient and json format. I don't understand how to reach  particular user's profile page. I can think just about some database table with this kind of invitations and some timer on the profile page to check on them. 

Please express your ideas, thoughts or opinions in this matter. I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

Saturday, March 31, 2012 9:05 AM

All replies

• Hey Musya,

You question is not tricky, but how could we understand the scenario without having anything, if possible, send the URL, let me use once then, i can help in some way or post the code.

Thursday, April 5, 2012 10:00 AM