Need help with hub app for Windows Store

Question

• I am working on a Windows Store Hub App using XAML and C#. I am not proficient in C#. I understand the basics.   I come from a web design background and could have used Javascript.  I have really learned a lot by doing it and searching for what I didn't understand. The app controls are what I've had the most design problems with. I really don't understand why I have to copy an entire template to change one thing but that's neither here nor there. I ended up not even using the hub template and designing one from scratch just to circumvent some of the controls. Plus it's a small app and I didn't need the database.

I am almost finished and on the last hub section. I want to have textboxes that accept user input. This will be for integers and will have a running total. I can write that code albeit primitively. What I can't do is access the textboxes inside the hub using a click event. It doesn't recognize the x:name of the textboxes.  If I try to put them outside the hub I can manipulatet hem but then they don't scroll with the page so I have textboxes floating there.

I don't know which direction to go in. Create a class? Binding? To what? Some esoteric extension I don't know and there are many I don't know.

I couldn't find anything by searching.

Thursday, May 08, 2014 8:43 PM

Answers