A few questions (msbuild/integration with Asp/js download performance) RRS feed

• Question

•  

This looks like an amazing project and I hope we can use it on our site, but I have a few questions...

1. Is there some way to call the publish command from msbuild so this can be used by our continuous integration server?

2. Is it possible to write a control in Volta and use it in an ASP .NET project?

3. The download performance on the samples is very slow (as mentioned in the docs). Will this remain the case until a new CTP is released or are there strategies that can be employed to avoid the wait?

thanks everyone!

Thursday, December 6, 2007 2:14 PM

Answers

• Hi Tarmac321,

1) not with this CTP, we're considering it for future versions though

2) currently the only way to do so is to manual copy the javascript code we add to the html page during deloyment. Also on our list for future versions

3) We're looking at our server logs to see if we can improve it. Can you tell us your download speeds? At home I'm receiving the samples myself in about 3 seconds which doesn't look too bad.

Regards,

Jeffrey van Gogh

Volta Developer

Friday, December 7, 2007 12:07 AM

All replies

• Hi Tarmac321,

1) not with this CTP, we're considering it for future versions though

2) currently the only way to do so is to manual copy the javascript code we add to the html page during deloyment. Also on our list for future versions

3) We're looking at our server logs to see if we can improve it. Can you tell us your download speeds? At home I'm receiving the samples myself in about 3 seconds which doesn't look too bad.

Regards,

Jeffrey van Gogh

Volta Developer

Friday, December 7, 2007 12:07 AM
  • Thats very different from the stats I'm seeing.

The WordWorm sample (when viewed online) takes about half a minute before the browser becomes responsive in IE. I also tried in Firefox with FireBug/yslow and the 'Net' tab shows stats of 149 requests/2.56MB/39.32s.

The Virtual Earth sample takes a little less time - 42 requests/1.09MB/9.56s

Maybe my setup is wrong somehow...
    Friday, December 7, 2007 9:36 AM
  • The size sounds about right, as posted elsewhere, this is something we'll be working on for future releases. The download time is way longer than we expect and we have heard multiple reports about this. I'm following up with our operations team...

Regards,

Jeffrey

Saturday, December 8, 2007 12:50 AM