none
Custom fields on Branching workflow RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am building a custom workflow for for test PWA site. I downloaded code from codeplex and deployed it:

http://projectserver2010.codeplex.com/releases/view/87650

Now, how do I add custom fields and read their values in code behind?

This is a default project information form. I want to add fields to this form (for example "Assogned To"). How can I read that field in the code?

Sunday, November 25, 2012 12:45 AM

Answers

• Hi,

To add new fields to that form all you need to do is first create the project custom field and add it on to the page by editing the web part and choosing modify to add it.

There is no need to edit the code behind of the page (it is a normal SharePoint web part page), the web part itself reads and writes back to the project custom fields on your behalf. The page also takes care of the other things like check in / out for you.

As for accessing the field from the workflow, there are native activities in the workflow for reading and comparing properties that you can leverage. The workflow as it stands now should leverage those activities and you can copy it. With a VS based workflow you will need to determine the GUID of the custom field and reference it in the read. 

Hope this helps.,

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

• Marked as answer by Mario Zagreb Monday, December 3, 2012 8:28 AM
    Sunday, November 25, 2012 7:26 AM