ASP .NET performance counters are not getting collected/listed in Diagnostics Storage Account RRS feed

• Question

• I have opened the logs in Remote VM and found the below traces.

Error (2020-01-30T06:30:45Z): Counter - MAEventTable: Level:2 ActivityId:00-weurfvsdjkfhsfgfsdfjtyj-a65cbb58189e4fa4-00 MDRESULT:0x00000000 ErrorCode(-1073738824): Message:PdhAddEnglishCounter(\ASP.NET\Application Restarts) failed with PDH_CSTATUS_NO_OBJECT (0xC0000BB8)

I also checked the counter [\ASP.NET\Application Restarts] values from command prompt in Remote VM. It indicates -1.

Why ASP .NET metrics collection is getting failed ? Any suggestions?

Note : Other performance counter[CPU, Disk, Network, Memory] values are getting collected in Diagnostics Storage Account.

Karthik_Varma

Log :

cmd

Thursday, January 30, 2020 11:12 AM

All replies

• Hi Karthic,

This is a database azure sql db forum and i think that the best way will be to move this question ASP forum since you will get an expert on that foro instead.

Thursday, January 30, 2020 3:52 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting here.

Make sure that the input of performance counter is correct, especially instance name.

You could add the counter for test and check the counter name:

Best Regards,

Drake

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 11, 2020 8:07 AM