none
Push notifications on Resource mailboxes in Managed API RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to receive a notification on a selected list of room resources - I've taken the push notification example included in the 2013 examples and attempted to add a streaming notification for a list of room resources. However, when I attempt to a subscription to streaming notification for the room resource mailbox, it throws an exception with the message "The SMTP address has no mailbox associated with it." Clearly, the room resource for the given SMTP address has a mailbox in Exchange - why can't I get a streaming subscription on a resource mailbox? Below is the example.

System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection<EmailAddress> roomAddresses = service.GetRooms(roomAddress);

// Display the individual rooms.
                foreach (EmailAddress address in roomAddresses)
                {
                    try
                    {
                         SetStreamingNotifications(service, address);

static void SetStreamingNotifications(ExchangeService service, EmailAddress address)
            {
                try
                {
                    Mailbox mailbox = new Mailbox(address.ToString());
                    FolderId inboxFolder = new FolderId(WellKnownFolderName.Inbox, mailbox);

// Exception Here: "The SMTP address has no mailbox associated with it."
                    StreamingSubscription streamingsubscription = service.SubscribeToStreamingNotifications(
                        new FolderId[] { inboxFolder },
                        EventType.FreeBusyChanged);

Thanks,

Andrew

Friday, March 8, 2013 8:18 PM

Answers

• It should work okay as long as GetRooms is returning valid addresses and you have enough rights on the Mailbox in question, I would suggest you try using the ewseditor to test it http://ewseditor.codeplex.com/. You can use the Streaming Notification Viewer to create a notification against the folder in question.

Cheers
    Glen

Monday, March 11, 2013 6:58 AM