ReportViewer Issue on Internet Explorer 11 RRS feed

• Question

• User-305928860 posted

Hi! I have several reports that are generated using ReportViewer.  These reports are currently displaying on my browser (Internet Explorer 11) as intended when Compatibility View is set.  Now, if I don't run the reports on Compatibility View mode, the content of these reports are flushed to the top of the page when viewed in Page Width mode.  Both scrollbars display but there's no way to view the top half of the report using these scroll bars in this mode.  I have tried several workarounds I came across online including 1) Removing the DOCTYPE, 2) Manipulating height of reportviewer through client-side scripting, and 3) setting AsyncRendering=false & SizeToReportContent = true but none worked.  The last suggestion is similar to setting my report's zoom mode to 100% by default, which is not what I want to achieve as some of my reports contain just a line item. 

By the way, I am using ReportViewer 2012 and Visual Studio 2010.  I appreciate any help on this matter.  Thanks.

Thursday, March 3, 2016 3:17 AM

Answers

All replies

• User-1768369891 posted

Hi 

gulrnpink

Some supported file for vs 2012 report viewer not found in IE that's why it's creating an issue

you have to install report viewer 2012 or SSRS 2012 in your machine for support such kind of issue.  

Thursday, March 3, 2016 4:52 AM
  • User-305928860 posted

Hi navneetmitawa,

I have the ReportViewer 2012 runtime installed on my machine already yet the reports are still not displaying as intended.

Thursday, March 3, 2016 6:08 AM
  • User-1768369891 posted

You can't use vs 2012 report viewer reference in VS 2010 , for that you have to must use VS 2012 for displaying Reports, or you can use vs 2010 as well as you must add vs 2010 reference in web.config files.

Try this for fix it

1. First Remove your 2012 reference in your projects and as well as in web config files also.

Like you have reference

<httpHandlers>
    <add path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd" verb="*" type="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler, Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91" validate="false" />
    </httpHandlers>

and 

<assemblies>
    <add assembly="Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845DCD8080CC91" />
    <add assembly="Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845DCD8080CC91" />
    </assemblies>
    <buildProviders>
    <add extension=".rdlc" type="Microsoft.Reporting.RdlBuildProvider, Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91" />
    </buildProviders>

Remove it 

Re Add new report viewer through Form 

2. Add  Report view in your form toolbox in vs 2010 it will automatically add reference in to your projects.     

Thursday, March 3, 2016 6:25 AM
  • User-305928860 posted

Thanks, navneetmitawa, for the clarification.  This must be the reason why I don't see it in my .NET references listing.

Anyway, the main reason I am using ReportViewer 2012 is because one article I came across suggested that upgrading to this will solve my "Zoom" drop-down issue.  Before installing ReportViewer 2012, my website project is referencing ReportViewer 2010.  After upgrading my Internet Explorer browser to 11, the "Zoom" menu on my ReportViewer's toolbar disappeared.  So, I upgraded to RV2012 hoping to resolve this issue and it did.  Now, the only issue I have with ReportViewer is that it does not display the content of my page in full when using ZoomMode="PageWidth".  The page only shows the report's footer area.  I have tried many solutions I found online as I mentioned in my original post but none seem to work.  Do you have any suggestions?

Thursday, March 3, 2016 11:15 PM
  • User-219423983 posted

Hi gulrnpink,

gulrnpink

reports are currently displaying on my browser (Internet Explorer 11) as intended when Compatibility View is set.  Now, if I don't run the reports on Compatibility View mode, the content of these reports are flushed to the top of the page when viewed in Page Width mode. 

If you report could be normal in compatibility view, you could have a look at the following link to force your page be loaded in compatibility mode by adding “x-ua-compatible”.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj676915(v=vs.85).aspx

Besides, you could have a look at the following similar thread.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21000443/reportviewer-11-with-ie-11-report-height-exceeds-limits

Best Regards,

Weibo Zhang

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, March 4, 2016 5:38 AM