WER - WERCreateReport RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have implemented applications that so far work with vista, compilies with UAC, AERO etc etc and I am at the last hurdle Windows error reporting. If i understand correctly we are required to report failures to WER  

1. All of the application's executables above; when injected Access Violation (AV) resulted in the application crashing and must display the WER Windows Error Reporting) dialog message in order to pass this test case. This means that the application AV failure properly allowed Windows Error Reporting to report this crash.

The application is written in Delphi  and we use EuralLog to collect details about fatal errors. Eureka log has options to send error reports to email or mantis systems etc but not to WER. We don't want to loose the feature of having this additional debug formation so would like to use the WERCreateReport  to create and submit a report to WER with the Eurekalog attached.

Has any one any example code of how to do this?

The only other thread about this seemed to peter out and not resolve the issue.

Thanks

Helen

Thursday, March 22, 2007 3:57 PM

Answers

All replies