Mysql error:0 and Mysql error:2003 how to resolve these while using mysql in asp.net web application? RRS feed

• Question

• User1282442617 posted

Hi, I'm getting following MySQL errors.  So please help to resolve these. I have installed the following MySQL components:

• mysql-workbench-community-6.0.9-win32
    • mysql-connector-odbc-5.3.4-win32
    • mysql-connector-net-6.9.5
    • mysql-5.6.21-win32
    • xampp-win32-1.8.3-3-VC11-installer
    • mysql-gui-tools-5.0-r17-win32-mysql query browser

I want to run mysql work bench for asp.net web application and query browser for another java eclipse application and want to instal xampp for php aplication.

Can i use same mysql for different applications,please mention how to set up that....

Mysql administrator error could not connect to the specified instance. 
    mysql error number 2003: can't connect to mysql server on 'localhost'(10061) 
    If u want to check network connection ,please click the ping button is displaying. when gave mysql instance configuration wizard to reconfigure, t
    he service could not be started.Error:0 
    is displaying..

Here i have used the port no:3306, user:root, password:root, localhost

In MySQL work bench its showing no connection and when i open MySQL command prompt and enter the password it shows error 2000 and it automatically gets closed. Please help to resolve this problem.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 9:38 AM

All replies

• User269602965 posted

If your are running a database on a single machine, I would not recommend using localhost, although many tutorials are done that way.

I have good success with putting the database independently on its own virtual network adapter so it can have its own local static IP address.

1. Install the Microsoft Loopback Adapter, a virtual network device, via the Device Manager.

2. Configure the Loopback Adapter with a local LAN address like 192.168.60.10, mask 255.255.255.0, no gateway, DNS use localhost 127.0.0.1

3. If you want a DNS name for your database go to windows\system32\drivers\etc\HOSTS.INI and with text editor add entry

192.168.60.10   data.local above the 127.0.0.1 localhost entry

4. Uninstall MySQL and reboot

5. make sure you can PING 192.168.60.10 and data.local so you know they are working.

6. in network and sharing center temporarily DISABLE your Wired LAN adapter and your Wireless LAN adapter, and just have your Microsoft Loopback adapter running.

7. Reinstall MySQL on the 192.168.60.10 IP address and make sure you can log into the database.

8. Now you can re-enable your wired and wireless adapters and they can work independently of your database running on the loopback adapter.. even if you change locations like move to new office or hotel.

Once you have a working connection string, you can write multiple applications to communicate with the single MySQL database.  Web Apps, Console Apps, WinForm Apps, WPF apps, etc.

Saturday, April 4, 2015 10:07 AM