ODBC de 64 bits y 32 bits en server 2003 64 bits RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, I have a problem, as many know, the 'Manager ODBC data sources' in Windows are on the path 'C :/ windows/System32/odbcad32.exe'.

For those who have Windows 64-bit drivers for the program uses 64-bit systems, BUT there is another Data Source Manager uses 32-bit drivers. The Manager is located in 'C :/ windows/SysWOW64/odbcad32.exe'.

The problem that often goes with which we have a 64-bit operating system is that when you open the Data Source Administrator, DEFAULT opens the 64 bit and it does not have drivers for Access, only has drivers for 'SQL Server 'and' SQL Native Client '.

A "solution" is to change the shortcut path 'ODBC Data Sources' located within the Administrative Tools in Control Panel. What you do is change the 'System32' a 'SysWOW64' and with that I'll open the Data Source Manager 32-bit (which has Access drivers) instead of 64-bit Manager opens by default.

My question is if anyone knows and could tell me either:

How to install the ODBC drivers for Access 64-bit, so you can use 64-bit Manager.

or Power enable 32-bit ODBC to be used by default, not 64-bit

thanks
    Tuesday, June 19, 2012 8:35 PM

Answers

• AFIK, there is no 64 bit ODBC driver for Access. You need to compile your application for the x86 processor to force it to use the 32 bit driver.

This is documented in microsoft support http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942976

Instead of ODBC you can use Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 provider of Microsoft Database Engines for 64 bit are available as standalone package here,

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255

Lingaraj Mishra

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 7:03 AM
  • Afix, thanks for your help is quite right about the connection.

My code was doing with ODBC and OleDb now to change it and fix the problem.

Thank you very much for your help

This is my connection code if it helps someone also

Imports System.Data.OleDb
    Public Class Form1
         STCON Dim As String = "Provider = Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0; Data Source = D: \ attu.mdb; Persist Security Info = False"
         As New OleDbConnection Dim odbcom (STCON)
         As New DataSet Dim DSET
         As OleDbDataAdapter Dim daOleDb
    Friday, June 22, 2012 7:35 PM

All replies

• AFIK, there is no 64 bit ODBC driver for Access. You need to compile your application for the x86 processor to force it to use the 32 bit driver.

This is documented in microsoft support http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942976

Instead of ODBC you can use Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 provider of Microsoft Database Engines for 64 bit are available as standalone package here,

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255

Lingaraj Mishra

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 7:03 AM
  • Afik, thanks for the help but I tell you that I still have my problem, I saw the links you gave me as data and helped me set up my 64-bit ODBC driver access, recompile my application in x32 and x86 32-works OK but x86 does not work and just the need, for my dblink sql pull me.

Anyway, I send you the error that I get to run my application in access
    and sql.

I hope you can give me a help 

error en la consulta del dblink

ORA-28545: error diagnosed by Net8 when connecting to an agent Unable to retrieve text of NETWORK/NCR message 65535 ORA-02063: preceding 2 lines from BIOMETRICO.WORLD

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 3:49 PM
  • There is no 64 BIT driver for odbc. The link I gave you is for 64 bit oledb. If you are going to stick with odbc you need to compile your project with x86 option only and if I understand correctly it works well with you.

Now I have few questions.

1. If you want to use a 64 bit oledb driver, you need to change your connection string or connection mechanism from odbc to oledb. You can share your code so that someone can help you.
    2. The error you mentioned seems to be an ORACLE error where as your question is for MS-Access database. Can you clarify bit what database you are using.
    3. Can you translate your problems in English.

Lingaraj Mishra

Thursday, June 21, 2012 8:23 AM
  • Afix, thanks for your help is quite right about the connection.

My code was doing with ODBC and OleDb now to change it and fix the problem.

Thank you very much for your help

This is my connection code if it helps someone also

Imports System.Data.OleDb
    Public Class Form1
         STCON Dim As String = "Provider = Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0; Data Source = D: \ attu.mdb; Persist Security Info = False"
         As New OleDbConnection Dim odbcom (STCON)
         As New DataSet Dim DSET
         As OleDbDataAdapter Dim daOleDb
    Friday, June 22, 2012 7:35 PM