none
IIS is sending to sleep my applicationPool RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I'm currently running a .net core application in IIS that runs an rest API. I'm currently encountering the problem that my API it doesn't respond after certain amount of time. IF I make a request using an URL to the API, I get it to work afterwards. 

The following is the advanced configuration:

Process Model:

Idle Time-out (minutes) : 1440

Idle Time-out Action: Terminate

Ping Enabled: true

Shutdown Time limit: 90

Startup Time limit: 90

I have tried to change the Idle time-out but I can't get it to stay awake for 24 hours which was my estimate with 1440 minutes.

I'm trying to avoid any pinging tool.

Thank you in advanced,

Sergio Diaz

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 2:06 PM

All replies

• Hello Sergio,

Have a look at this post as it provides a mechanism for keeping IIS app pools for unloading when idle without using a ping using the Application Initialization feature.

https://weblog.west-wind.com/posts/2013/oct/02/use-iis-application-initialization-for-keeping-aspnet-apps-alive

Cheers, Jeff

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 8:58 PM
  • Hi Sergio,

>> I'm currently encountering the problem that my API it doesn't respond after certain amount of time

What do you mean by this? Do you mean you send a request to a specific method, and it will not return for a long time? Did you receive any error?

>> I get it to work afterwards.

Do you mean you send a new request, the previous request will return response?

Could you share us more information about the method which did not respond?

Best Regards,

Tao Zhou

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 15, 2018 3:19 AM