Custom domain HTTPS for root domain RRS feed

• Question

• I've set up a new personal website as a static website using Azure storage. I've also set up a CDN endpoint for which I'd like to use the root of my custom domain, but I'm having trouble enabling HTTPS.

When choosing CDN managed certificate I get the following error: "Enabling Https with CDN Managed Certificate is not supported anymore for apex (root) domains."

With custom certificate I'm told I need to set up a key vault and that I will need to make some configuration in Azure AD. However, since my Azure account is linked to my work company, it doesn't seem like I can have my own personal Azure AD service separate from theirs. So this looks like a dead end.

Any suggestions on how I can proceed to enable HTTPS for my endpoint?

Monday, December 9, 2019 3:36 PM

All replies

• Greetings,

As of now Enabling Https with CDN Managed Certificate is not supported anymore for apex (root) domains. So, you should use your own certificate in this process. From the above question these are the observation and solutions for your scenario,

1.Both Tenant ID as well as subscription belongs to your organization:
    In this case, you should be able to create a Keyvault and register Azure CDN by generating service principle ID. This can be done if you have enough rights from your organizations AD admin.

2.Tenant ID belongs to your ORG and subscription is of your own:
    In this case, you should create a new Tenant ID and add this subscription as a user to the newly created tenant so that you should be able to access the Keyvault in that subscription.
    Note: In this case CDN must be deployed under your newly created Tenant ID.

If you think your question has been answered, click "Mark as Answer" if just helped click "Vote as helpful". This can be beneficial to other community members reading this forum thread.

Best regards
    Subhash

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 9:29 AM
  • Hello,

Just checking in to see if the above answer helped in solving your problem. Kindly let us know if you have any further questions on this specific topic, we would be more than happy to assist you & please do mark the post which was helpful by clicking on ‘Mark as Answer’ & ‘Up-Vote’ to help the community find the right answers.

Regards,
    Subhash

Friday, December 27, 2019 7:23 AM