Errors while viewing Test Plans RRS feed

• Question

• When trying to access the Test Plans from the Test tab via Web Access, I'm getting several errors including: TF400522, TF400531, TF400587, TF400506, TF400507

I'm running TFS 2012.4. I haven't had much luck searching for my issue. Does this tab work under TFS 2012.4? I seem to have found some info that Test Plans were converted to Work Items in 2013.3, but I expect something is supposed to show up here since it's on my GUI?

Monday, March 7, 2016 9:39 PM

All replies

• Hi Jim,  

Thanks for your post.

As far as I know the Web Access>>TEST feature works in TFS 2012 Update 4 Server. You can create a new team project using default TFS 2012 Update 4 process template, then check this TEST feature in this new created team project Web Access.

If TEST feature works fine in new created TFS 2012 Update 4 team project and only received error in your current team project, I think the process template be edited in your current team project caused this error. Please check if default Task work item type or other default work item type(s) be removed from this team project.

Refer to the information in this post and this feedback.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 6:11 AM
  • You are correct that we modified the process template. The more I work on this the further down the rabbit hole I go. Everytime I make a change to the Agile Process Config or the Common Process Config and try to upload, I get errors.

Maybe I can work through these one at a time. Currently, when trying to import the common process config using witadmin commonprocessconfig, I receive the following error:

I have added the Microsoft.VSTS.Scheduling.StoryPoints field to my Defect WIT so I don't understand why I'm getting that error.

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 8:48 PM
  • Hi Jim,  

Thanks for your reply.

You added which work item types in Requirement Category in your team project?

Please ensure you have added below field in all Requirement Category work item types.  

<FIELD name="Story Points" refname="Microsoft.VSTS.Scheduling.StoryPoints" type="Double" reportable="measure">

<HELPTEXT>The size of work estimated for implementing this user story</HELPTEXT>

</FIELD>

You provided the commonprocessconfigrdi.cfg file in your command line, it shouldn’t be a xml file, like CommonConfiguration.xml? 

And I think you should provide the detailed information/steps about how did you custom your process template, that will help us provide the better response.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, March 9, 2016 3:20 AM
  • Thanks for your help. I'm trying to follow this process:

http://roadtoalm.com/2013/01/04/changing-the-product-backlog-in-tfs-2012/

I changed my Bug WIT to be called 'Defect'. I added WIT 'Defect' to the Requirement Category in the Categories.xml file:

I added the Microsoft.VSTS.Scheduling.StoryPoints field to my 'Defect' WI:

I changed the name of the import file to CommonConfiguration.xml but that gave me the same error as above. 

I didn't make all the customizations to TFS but as far as I know this is what has been done:

- In the Microsoft.BugCategory we deleted WIT bug with witadmin destroywitd and added WIT 'Defect'

- We added new WIT DesignItem

- We modified WIT UserStory

- We modified Categories.xml to add new WIT 'Defect' (I cannot see WIT DesignItem in here - maybe that is a problem?)

Back to the error above. I don't understand that message as I can see the StoryPoints field in my 'Defect' WIT. Maybe my problems stem from modification of the UserStory WIT? When I browse to the backlog or board links in TFS Web Access, I get the TF400917 error. When I click on the Test link in web access, I get the errors shown in the first post.

• Edited by jim7jim Wednesday, March 9, 2016 3:31 PM
    Wednesday, March 9, 2016 3:30 PM
  • Hi jim7jim,

Please share your whole process template files on the OneDrive.

Regards

Starain

Thursday, March 10, 2016 9:45 AM
  • Is there an alternative to OneDrive? I do not have it set up and when I tried it wants to sync with folders on my PC which I do not want to do.

Thursday, March 10, 2016 3:32 PM
  • Hi jim7jim,

You don’t need to set up it on your machine, just use OneDrive online. https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Share-files-and-folders-and-change-permissions-9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-a82024800c07?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Regards

Starain

Friday, March 11, 2016 9:01 AM
  • Thanks for that. Files are here: http://1drv.ms/24ULfQs
    Friday, March 11, 2016 1:46 PM
  • Hi jim7jim,

Based on my test to upload that process template to my TFS (version 2013), I modify some fields in the Defect.xml and FeedbackResponse.xml (PlainText to HTML), it pass validation and upload succeed.

What’s the result if you upload that template directly through process template manager?

Regards

Starain

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 8:57 AM
  • Yes, I had the same experience. But for me I apparently need to do some modifications to allow Test Plan access from a web browser. When I try and access the Test Plan tab I get the error messages in the first post. If I try and access the backlog or board links from web access, I get the TF400917 error.
    Wednesday, March 16, 2016 5:18 PM
  • Hi,

I'm trying to involve some senior engineers into this issue and it will take some time. Your patience will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Starain

Monday, March 21, 2016 10:16 AM